5 Things to Do Before Planning a Wedding

There are so many aspects to a wedding that are daunting, cause fights, and result in mayhem. There are a few things you should do as a couple before planning your wedding. I am not a genius at weddings, nor do I claim to know all the ins and outs of wedding mishaps. (I'm not a psychologist) Being married myself I know that a Bride's wedding is her most important day. It is as important as your first child, college graduation and 50th anniversary. Planning a wedding starts with the Bride and ends with the bride. Here are a few tips that wil help you along the way, or even better will help your wedding experience be less stressful and more enjoyable.


Step 1
Plan the wedding to a T - I dont mean sit down with your spouse and map out everything that needs to be done. That can be done by the wedding planner. What you need to do, is know in your head what you want "your day" to look like. What do you want the day to be? Experience is key. There are many creative people that can take an idea and make it beautiful, but there are essentials that every bride and groom must have at their wedding. This starts and ends with the bride.


Step 2
Lay down ground rules - This involves a budget, the groom, and the parents of the bride. If you are not on budget you will be more stressed than you know. I spent countless hours crying before my wedding because I did not think I could afford what I wanted. If i had laid down some budgeting ground rules I would have been a lot better off.
Its not about the money its about the memories


Step 3
Utilize great friends - If you have a bridesmaid and a best man, dont just use them for the bachelor and bachelorette party, use them until their feet are sore. Have the bridesmaid go with you, help you, answer the phone for you, and be there when you are struggling. This process is even better if they have gone through it. Ask your friends for frugal tips, and measures they took to do the wedding on budget.


Step 4
Sabbath - Find a day of the week, where you are not overburdened by work, wedding, or stress. RELAX! It is your wedding. Yes. But it is not your life blood. Find a way to escape it all. If this means giving some tasks to your friends (See Step 3) then do so. I worried too much at my wedding and regretted it later. It is much safer and less stressful to your relationship.


Step 5
Stick Together - You need to stick it out together. Again I am no psychologist, but there are so many ways that an engagement can go out the window, when your true colors come out. They will come out when you plan a wedding. Make decisions together, and decide as a couple. It is the brides day, but the groom needs to feel part of the memory and part of the bride.


I hope these tips are helpful when planning a wedding. Wedding planning is a scary thought, but doesn't have to be stressful or overwhelming. Talk about these things before jumping into a lavish wedding you don't agree on that breaks the bank.

0 التعليقات :: 5 Things to Do Before Planning a Wedding

إرسال تعليق